Tuesday 19 May 2015

Not Sure If These Count Or Not.....

When I started out on my quest I pondered the question of which Monkey Puzzle trees I should count as part of my running total - here. I was quite clear that trees found in Garden centres and nurseries would not be part of my total as they were not yet planted and would only count once 'out in the wild'.

However, last weekend whilst me and Nathalie were tracking down as many Shaun the Sheep of the wonderful Shaun In The City as possible we came across this bizarre sight!

4 Trees In A Very Small Display

11 More Trees In A Very Small Display
There were in total 15 small Monkey Puzzle trees in the three planters, which if the owner wants them to develop into mature trees is obviously ridiculous. However, if they simply intend them as short term curiosity plants then I guess they will last for a while before their cramped conditions cause them all to perish. So my new dilemma is do these poor trees count in my quest or should I treat them the same as garden centre trees? On the one hand they are 'out in the wild' but on the other they are more like ornaments than planted Monkey Puzzle trees.

I have decided to seek advice from Sarah over at the Monkey Map, as she has so much experience when it comes to cataloguing Monkey Puzzles her opinion really counts.

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 61      Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 15

No comments:

Post a Comment