Monday 20 April 2015

A Couple More Trees In Enfield Seen

Having spent a night in Enfield with a couple of friends on a Friday evening I decided that on the following Saturday I'd take a walk to Capel Manor where Nathalie teaches as they were having an open day and I'd never actually visited their Enfield site. The walk was amazing as it followed parts of the old New River, which was used to bring fresh water to the City of London many moons ago. As I was making my way merrily along a country lane I suddenly realise that on my left peaking out from behind a wall was a large Monkey Puzzle tree!

Myddelton House's Monkey Puzzle Tree (EN4) That's Situated In The 'Lunatic Asylum'

Looking up the road I realised that the tree was part of Myddelton House's Gardens, which are open to the public for free! The Monkey Puzzle is located in the part of the garden called the 'Lunatic Asylum' as all the trees and plants planted there are in some way a bit bizarre.


Myddelton House Tree's Top

Having spent a bit of time looking around the Gardens I headed off to Capel Manor to meet Nathalie. The gardens at Capel are very varied with different styles and 'types' of garden being on display to the public, one of which was a Chelsea winner that was revitalised by none other than Nathalie a few years ago! None of the staff at Capel were sure if there were any Monkey Puzzle trees in the grounds but I decided to keep my eye out for one just in case as I explored the grounds. Funnily enough it wasn't till I was heading back to see Nathalie after having given up seeing any Monkey Puzzles that I suddenly came across one 'hidden' by an encroaching neighbour

Is That A Monkey Puzzle Tree?

Yes It Is! (EN3)

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 55      Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 15

2 comments: