Wednesday 3 September 2014

7 Days, So Many Monkey Puzzle Trees! Part 1

My quest to see Monkey Puzzle trees has been progressing quite nicely but if I'm honest it has also been quite slow. Finding new trees or trees to see was always going to be a patient endeavour so I was really not expecting what happened in just 7 days in August. It all began when me and my mate David Dixon were travelling to Enfield to see our mate Dave Shaw about getting a label for our apiary's honey designed. As we made our way though the back streets of Barnet we drove past a house with not just one Monkey Puzzle tree but......


Barnet - Tree 1 (EN1)

...two in the front garden. I have to say I admire the owners for their dedication in keeping Britain's streets populated with such a magnificent tree.

Barnet - Tree 2 (EN2)

I was thrilled to see two more Monkey Puzzle trees and was still buzzing when I was convinced I saw another tree out of the window as we sped along to Mr Shaw's. As my view was obscured by a lot of roadside hedgerow I was chuffed to bits when DD took us back the same way to confirm my possible sighting. It didn't take long for us to find the place I thought I'd seen another tree and to my delight I was right!


Oakwood (N4)

So in just one day I had added 3 new Monkey Puzzle trees to my list, which was pretty rewarding, however I didn't realise at the time this was just the start of a particular good run for my Quest!...

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 19       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment