Friday 27 December 2013

A Charity Walk Results In More Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen

On Saturday the 5th October 2013 me and Nat took part in the annual Walk The Thames event organised by the London Legal Support Trust to help raise money for the Mary Ward Legal Centre, one of many organisations facing the grim reality of life in Coalition Britain. We set off, with 4 colleagues, ridiculously early from Canary Wharf with our final destination Putney Bridge being a mere 20 miles away. We were very fortunate to be blessed with perfect weather for the occasion and the Thames side walk was extremely enjoyable, even though by the end of the day we were all pretty knackered.


Our Team At The End Of Our Walk
However, I'm sure people are wondering what this all has to do with my quest. Well to cut to the chase part of the route took us on a diversion around Hyde Park in order to make up the full 20 miles required for the day. We had decided to stop off at the Serpentine Bar & Kitchen for something to eat and took a small diversion from the proscribed route to get there. It was as we sauntered along that I suddenly spied not 1 but 2 Monkey Puzzle Trees standing proudly to my right. I froze on the spot pointing to my 'discovery' with a ridiculous happy grin on my face. What my boss Suzanna, who was one of our party, thought I can't imagine but whatever it was it didn't stop me from skipping like a little child towards the two lovely Monkey Puzzle trees.


Hyde Park - Google Street View

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 6        Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment